Catalina 310 mast electrical connections

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 77 Atlantic Highlands NJ NJ
I am planning on taking down my mast for maintenance this fall. Where are the connectors that go to the antenna, and lights on the mast? Thanks

KZW

May 17, 2014
Catalina 310 #307 Bluewater Bay, FL
The OEM connector in my boat, sail no 307, was a flat trailer connector. It was wrapped with electrical tape

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
the lights are connected via a trailer connector under the mast, on the mast step. The antenna and the radar, if equiped, will be in the bilge in the salon.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
It's a good practice to disconnect the wires prior to surrendering the boat for the haul and mast lowering. I've had a yard cut the wires. I also take the sails off, remove the boom and free the running rigging (Halyards) so that the yard doesn't have to do that. All that stuff would be tied to the mast before I would surrender the boat.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
I am planning on taking down my mast for maintenance this fall. Where are the connectors that go to the antenna, and lights on the mast? Thanks
Jack - On mine (#48) there is a single trailer connector for the lights (I have no instruments on the mast), a coax-type connector for the VHF antenna, and a coax connector for the TV antenna (which I've removed from the mast but the cable is still there). They are all right there at the bottom of the mast. When I have my mast taken down, I just let whoever is directing the crane know they need to lift the mast a foot or so and hold it there until I can disconnect the cables. I assume you'll take yours down as part of the mast parties run by the club, so there should be plenty of people there to help (maybe even me).