Catalina 270 Rub Rail

Jul 4, 2023
Catalina 270 Fairhope
Does anyone know where I can buy this rub rail insert for my Catalina 270?
Taco marine doesn’t list this size/shape and the only place I have found it is Catalina direct. Their price is $5 a foot which seems too high to me.

Attachments

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I was curious as I paid less than that for my C30 so I looked it up. I paid $4.24/ft and I'm seeing the same for your boat. $271.46 for 64' which they say is the required length for the 270.

Wherever you get it, follow CDs install instructions to put the rub rail in a bucket, I used a cooler, of hot water and a little soap to make it more pliable. Really made a difference. I laid it in place and tapped with a rubber mallet and it went in easy. A hot air gun was much too slow.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Only two kinds of boat parts, available but expensive and unavailable at any price, after dealing with a couple unavailables you won't even wince at the over priced. Welcome to "Yachting".

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Does anyone know where I can buy this rub rail insert for my Catalina 270?
Taco marine doesn’t list this size/shape and the only place I have found it is Catalina direct. Their price is $5 a foot which seems too high to me.
Have you contacted your local Catalina Yachts dealership,

Or the Catalina Yachts factory. www.catalinayacts.com where you will find the following number:

You can also contact
Catalina Yachts Parts/Customer Service.
PARTS & TECH SUPPORT
727-544-6681

Jul 4, 2023
Catalina 270 Fairhope
Only two kinds of boat parts, available but expensive and unavailable at any price, after dealing with a couple unavailables you won't even wince at the over priced. Welcome to "Yachting".
I have run into both of those since I have acquired this boat, especially since I have been rebuilding the Perkins diesel in it. I have owned many boats since the ‘80s, and I always searched out the best prices over the years especially when I had a marine service business. This boat seems to have more than its share of unique part.

Jul 4, 2023
Catalina 270 Fairhope
I was curious as I paid less than that for my C30 so I looked it up. I paid $4.24/ft and I'm seeing the same for your boat. $271.46 for 64' which they say is the required length for the 270.

Wherever you get it, follow CDs install instructions to put the rub rail in a bucket, I used a cooler, of hot water and a little soap to make it more pliable. Really made a difference. I laid it in place and tapped with a rubber mallet and it went in easy. A hot air gun was much too slow.
I measured my replacement length at 54’. When I looked it up on the Catalina direct site, I thought it was 54 instead of the 64 it actually is on the site. I wouldn’t want to buy an extra 10 feet if I don’t have to.