Catalina 25 Mast Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T. LeCluse

The mast wiring connector on the cabin top has the 3 wires for the steaming/anchor light apparently sealed into the fiberglass cabin top on our 1983 catalina 25. these are extremely cooroded and replacing the connectors is proving difficult at best. does anyone know of a way to pull/extend these wires short of running new wiring from the electrical panel and drilling through the roof?

J

Jon W

Wiring Repair

I had the same problem in our C25. I was never able to move, or access the wires at all. I read an article in the Mainsheet claiming the only thing you can do is drill down through the deck, and run wires along the top forward edge of the bulkhead over to the port side wiring run at the hull/deck joint, just aft of the bulkhead. You could probably install some trim to hide the wires. You should be able to connect in at that point, and should not have to go back to the electrical panel, although it's not that much farther. I never did this repair, and had to live with partial short in the anchor light until I sold the boat. Sorry I can't offer anything more helpful.

D

Douglas G Young

Replace the wires

I had to remove the old connector from the cabin top. Drilled at an angle through the roof and put new wires in. Spliced together just aft of the forward partition. I went to a four pin connector from West marine and added a fore deck light on the mast.

Status
Not open for further replies.