Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B J Harmon

Where can I order floor carpeting for my 86 catalina 22. Thanks

E

Ed P. - Orangevale, CA

Why Carpet ??

Personally, I will never put carpet in my boat again ! It only gets wet and dirty and creates a great place for mildew to start. Even the so-called indoor/outdoor variety. I used the interlocking plastic squares available at West Marine, and they're easier to clean, do not let moisture accumulate, and will probably last a lot longer overall. However, if you're dead set on carpeting, most any good marine store can provide what you need.

A

Aldo

I like carpet

I like carpet in my Catalina 22. I like the way it feels and I like the way it looks. I bought a type of bathroom carpet that was rubber backed and was fuzzy on top, not loop or shag. It has never mildewed and all we have ever done is vacuum it with a small vacuum cleaner. I bought it from a carpeting store. I cut it to size with sissors, and used a double stick tape (from the carpet store) to hold it in place. I did this in 3 pieces. One was the main walking area, the second was the area under the head, and the last was the area under the table. This has worked well for 19 years. It really makes the boat look cozy and finished inside, especially if you select a carpet that matches the cushions. Aldo

Status
Not open for further replies.