Capsize Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Francis

Have a question that somebody might be able to answer. I was looking at the different models of macgregor boats on this site and noticed that under Performance Ratios the 26X has a capsize screen of 11.93. Does anyone know what this means? The other sizes do not seem to have this listed. Thanks for your input.

M

MArk

Bad value

Hi Francis, The value shown for the 26X is wrong. The site on the related link has the calculations and explanations. The site below has comparison tables for a lot of boats. It lists the 26X Capsize Screening Formula (CSF) value as 1.93. Using 3750lbs for displacement rather than 4275, the value would be 2.02. http://www.image-ination.com/sailcalc.html I have an Excel spreadsheet that when given: 1. Length Over All 2. Length at Water Line 3. Widest Beam 4. Displacement 5. Keel/Bilge Weight 6. Sail Area 7. Hull Draft excluding keel Will calculate: 1. Hull Speed 2. Sail Area Ratio 3. Displacement Ratio 4. Ballast to Displacement Percent 5. Motion Comfort Ratio 6. Capsize Screening Formula 7. Screening Stability Value 8. Vanishing Stability Angle Anyone interested in getting a copy by e-mailed can contact me at: mfabre@fmsys.com Check the earlier posts to "Save the Waves!" for a lot of facts, references and opinions (you'll have to judge for yourself) concerning rating formulas. Happy sails _/), MArk

Status
Not open for further replies.