Capri 26 forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad Williams

Ahoy all, I'm a new Capri 26 owner -- Dave, I bought your boat....hull #50. Been meaning to send an e-mail message simplly to open a line of communications for when I need your intimate knowledge of the boat. I'll do that one day. Incidently, the boat and trailer made the trip to Colorado in great shape (Kevin did a great job getting it ready). Nate - I conversed with you on this board a couple of months ago when I was boat searching. You asked me to tell you if I ever got a 26....I did, and it's indeed a lovely boat, but I've had no address by which to contact you. My question to any and all however....is there a forum specific (or nearly so) to the Capri 26? I find conversations here regarding the boat and owners (there were only about 350 or so boats produced I think) few and far between. Dave, you mentioned something regarding a site when I saw you in Michigan.....Nate, your message a while back mentioned a site associated "off the Catalina Company Website"....but didn't have a specific address. Help....I spend a certain amount of time reading the TrailerSailor board sites for Cat 25s and Cat 27s -- I would really like to know if something is out there for the Capri 26. Thanking you in advance. Brad

M

Mike Gurley

capri 26

Glad to see another Capri 26 in Colorado. There are two at Carter Lake near Berthoud Co. Mine is a 1994 which I bought new. Carter Lake has racing and a great social program. Should look into joining and get on the waiting list for a slip. There is a website for the Capri 26. E-mail Coveout304@aol.com to join and the website is www.members.tripod.com/capri26. There are not many Capri 26s around but everyone who takes a look at it likes them. I have made a lot of "improvements" to mine and if you want to discuss please feel free to e-mail me at recess1@aol.com Have fun with it.

N

nate

great!!

Brad, congratulations on your capri 26. the bulletin board I had referred to "off the catalina company page" is the same one that Mike just gave you. With only 350 or so out there, there is not a lot of traffic. I have tried, unsucessfully, to get on the bulletin board, I assume because I don't actually own one of the boats. When you actually start sailing your boat let me know what you think of her. I am still in the looking mode, and hope to make a move soon when i see the right opportunity. Tell me all about it!! Did your's have the outboard, or diesel? Wheel or tiller? wing or fin? all are options that I am not certain about. I know you will enjoy the boat. My direct email is "willienate@prodigy.net". I have a limited amount of experience on a catalina 25. Drop me a line if you need anything I can help with. Nate

B

Buster

Another Capri 26 owner in Colorado!

Hi, I just bought a Capri 26 last summer and trailered it back to Fort Collins Colorado. I am in need of the masurements of a Bimini top so I can order one. Does someone out there have one they can measure for me? I really like the boat and the way it sails. I have hull #90. Wing keel inboard diesel. There are two other already on Carter Lake. Buster

B

Brad Williams

Buster, have you made any contact with the C26 sit

Capri 26 site being kicked around in this thread? I've had a problem with access. I get onto the site but cant seem to get into the "join" part of it. I've written the Editior who sent me to the WebMaster (which makes total sense) but haven't gotten a reply. BTW, My boat will be at Chatfield and until I get used to it (I'm moving from a Catalina 22) I probably won't be trailering it much. I had heard there were several at Carter....mine is the second on Chatfield, I think the other is a 93ish....appears exactly the same except there stainless handrails rather than teak. Is yours a deisel....it would be good to compare notes, thus my attempts to get into the Capri 26 site. Maybe I should simply learn how to negotiate the message application of this one, but I'm finding it a tad cumbersome. Any 26 owners using this site on a regular or irregular basis that aren't associated with the Capri 26 site I'm discussing? Comments? Thanks, Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.