Capri 14.2 parts diagram and instruction manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeanie

I need to get a copy of a Capri 14.2 parts diagram and instruction manual. I have available for my use a Capri 14.2 that I would love to sail. However, it needs a few improvements/repairs. I'm not sure about the length of the main sheet (it seems very short), the centerboard is tied on with a line of rope (the brackets? are bent and it won't stay down all the way), and I want to add a tiller extension. Can anyone help me? I'm not even sure who makes the Capri? Thanks for any information you can give. Happy Sailing! Jeanie

M

mark v.

heres what my 14.2 has

my main sheet is '36 long and is 3/4 inch line . 3/4 is a comfortable size to hold onto and it runs thru the system well. the bungee downhaul for the centerboard is '6 long and is 3/8 bungee.a far as a tiller extension goes i bought the swivel from west marine and used a carbon fiber golf club i found at a thrift store for the handle [if you do this drill pilot holes first before the final fastner so it doesn't split at the end].just went out yesterday on lake washington and i had sailing conditions ranging from lite airs to sailing well beyond hull speed. what a fun daysailer!

J

Joe

3/4 inch mainsheet?

Is that a misprint? Do you really have a 3/4 inch mainsheet for a 14 foot boat?

J

Joe

Give customer service a call.....

...at the Catalina factory, 818 884-7700. The may have an owner's manual available for a small charge.

C

Carl

I Have a manual

If you are willing to send me a SASE I'll make you a copy of my owners manual and send it to you. If you want to go this route, post a reply here wtih an E-mail address and I'll send you my address.

Status
Not open for further replies.