Can I fix my wind speed instrument????

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Joe Ford

One of the anemometer spinner cups on my Standard Horizon WS1 has broken off. (Don't even ask how that happened!) Factory has no parts, no help or advice other than buy a complete new unit. Can I fix this thing? I don't want to replace a perfectly good unit. Would a new spinner part from the nearly identical WS45 be compatible. Could I fabricate one myself. Anyone know of a used parts source. Any suggestions are appreciated...... Thanks

R

Richard

deep trouble

I had a WS-1 and lost the whole set of cups (actually they were missing when I bought the boat) then the direction arrow also flew the coop in a storm. There are no replacement parts available anywhere and I asked the factory to keep an eye out for any old parts from failed repairs, etc. I got nothing for several months. They will upgrade you to the new WS-45 for 300.00 but you will have to run a new wire up the mast. The cups on a 45 are totally different than a 1, because the magnet is now internal and not on the spinner part. If you can find a similar size cup somewhere and glue it on you will have a temporary fix. Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.