Can anyone relate?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Funny but true, I just got my 3rd call, even after opting out 2 times before, yesterday!:laugh:
Jim...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I get calls about cars I no longer own, even. I'm waiting for the one about my next car, just to find out what it will be. How come I never get a call about my boat's extended warranty? Maybe then I could get it fixed.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
A phone call... I know... A random candy Bar Gram... Ha... Not too likely..

Not clear how or who you would contact... Mars?o_O:eek:

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
My mom gets those warranty letters for her 4Runner.

I have a few issues with the letters.

Mom passed away in 2014 and we moved in 2015 but she gets letters here at the house she never lived to see.
We sold the 4Runner to my stepson and he traded it in 2 years ago for a newer car.
Oh, and the Wounded Warrior group wants to reinstate her account that has lapsed.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Some times you feel like a nut, some times you don’t. Better blocking with the new smartphones.

Dr. D

Nov 3, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 35.1 Herrington Harbour North
My mom gets those warranty letters for her 4Runner.

I have a few issues with the letters.

Mom passed away in 2014 and we moved in 2015 but she gets letters here at the house she never lived to see.
We sold the 4Runner to my stepson and he traded it in 2 years ago for a newer car.
Oh, and the Wounded Warrior group wants to reinstate her account that has lapsed.
This is an example of data mining. Your mom used to own a 4Runner. She is related to you. So they send to your address a letter for warranty to her at your address. The mining operation didn't uncover her passing.

My wife got divorced some 20 years ago and has had no transactions with her ex since then. We bought a house together 10 years ago. We get mail (junk type) at our address which is addressed to her ex.

Yeah, Big Data is going to save the World.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I used to have a McAfee security tool on my PCs ages ago called Guard Dog. It would replace sensitive outgoing info with "gdog".Years after I stopped using the tool, I would still get preapproved credit card letters addressed to Mr gdog .

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
My dad passed away in 2010. When he had to go into a nursing home, I had the post office forward all his mail to my house. I'm still getting mail addressed to him. But that's not the best one. I was in Atlanta for 26 years before moving to AR in '01 to look after my dad after my mom passed away. My phone in Atlanta was listed in the phone book (we still had those then) as "Allen and Peggie Hall." Forwarding my phone number also forwarded both our names with it (Allen had passed away in '92, btw). I've been here 19 years and I continue to get mail addressed a man who died 28 years ago in another state. I get mail addressed to the previous owner of my house too, but at least he'd actually lived at this address!

--Peggie

• Ha
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'm afraid I can't remember the specifics? But the gist is, my wife and I use to travel a lot because she was a traveling nurse working for an agency that provided 6, 9 and 12 month assignments. We lived in Massachusetts, North Carolina, both coasts of Florida and always kept our home address in NH. When we decided to have children, we moved back to NH to be near our parents and bought a house. This was before the Internet.
Years later, we got something like a cable and ISP bill that was questionable. When we called the company to make sure the service was cancelled, or whatever it was, the automatic identity check asked a number of identifying questions, home phone number, mother's maiden name, ... it was more than a little excessive, but the one that got us was the one about what our apartment number was in 1987.

We couldn't even remember which city we were living in, in 1987. How is it that they knew, much less cared, what apartment we were in before there even was an Internet to keep track of us?

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Now that we are totally off-topic... LOL

I hate that when I call for something and I am asked the answers to my security questions. Well, I never set up any security questions so how can I answer? We then cannot honor your request sir since we do not know if it is really you.

HA!