call it a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john12527

I have decided that sailing season in officially over for me. We may yet have decent weather but I have more yard work than free time from now till the snow flies. I can't complain. I launched for the first time in early April, and pulled my boat in mid-October. Five months for SE Michigan is a pretty good sailing season. think spring, John

G

Geo

Have A Great Winter

I am glad to "hear" you had a long season. May your winter be mild and your spring come early.

gball

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 170 Alachua, FL
Good sailing season

Dexter, Glad you had a great season. Yes, I was up in Minneapolis, MN (albeit further north than SE Michigan) October 16 for my cousin's wedding and the wind was blowing wonderfully-steady I thought (only it was out of the north and the temperature was 43)! Have a great winter, and may ice-out come early. Mike G. Alachua, FL -s/v Lil Sport

Jun 16, 2004
- - -
Mine's tucked away

Prepped mine for the winter last weeked. Noticed that the crack near the mast step that I repaired this spring has returned, so I drilled out the end, covered with tape to keep out moisture, and will keep my fingers crossed during the snow and cold that it won't be worse by next March (when I'll yet again have to deal with it).

Status
Not open for further replies.