Cabin top teak grab rails

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ray Muller

I am trying to remove my cabin top grab rails to strip the varnish from them. There are 11 points where the rail meets the cabin top but down below I only find 10 atachting points. Is only the second opint fron the front held down with exopy sor sealant or is there a hidden screw?

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 30mkIII Elk Rapids, MI.
MKIII?

Hi Ray; I don't have an answer to your question, but I thought that all MKIII's had stainless grab rails on the coach top. MKIII's were made from 1994 and later. Did someone add teak grab rails to your MKIII or is yours actually a MK1 or MKII? Fair winds Dave

cat30

Jun 2, 2004
Island Packet 31 stony point,ny
no screw

When i took mine apart for refinishing, one of the legs landed on a place where it was not possible to install a screw- might have been right near a bulkhead.

Aug 31, 2007
Catalina 30 Petoskey, Mich.
what did you find? did it mangle the teak?

Hi Ray, I was wondering what you found out about the last screw. I have an 85 C30TR and I need to replace the sliders on the cabin top. It appears I need to remove all the screws and it looks like it would be hard to remove the teak plugs from the teak wood strips that cover the sliding portion, without messing them up. Has anyone changed the plastic slider strips? Thanks Dean www.blowinganddrifting@yahoo.com

Jun 4, 2004
Catalina 30mkIII Elk Rapids, MI.
Teak plugs

Hi Dean; I am your neighbor down in Elk Rapids! In the past, I have just drilled the teak plugs out of a grabrail, and just replaced them with new. You can buy a package of various sizes at West Marine or probably here on site. Fair winds Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.