Cabin Step Material

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2010
Catalina 310 Eagle Mountain Lake, Tx
The material used on the ladder (steps) leading from the cockpit to the cabin on my 310 is coming loose, and isn't attractive at all. I'd like to replace it with something that looks better and lasts longer. Has anyone undertaken this small project? I'm interested in any ideas.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Not to rat out PaulJ, but ...

I recall he replaced his. I think a few folks went with Plasteak, especially those in Florida and other warmer climates where the glue failed in the heat.

Sep 4, 2010
Catalina 310 Eagle Mountain Lake, Tx
That's what started my problem; I'm in Texas, and the glue has failed, allowing the material to slide. Any help/comments are welcome - I'm going to try to resolve this as my next project.

paulj

Mar 16, 2007
Catalina 310 Anacortes,Wa
Well I placed cheap carpet on the steps and it wore out in one month.... design failed......but maybe a copy of this article shown below could be posted here on

this thread or maybe a copy could be emailed to me...........that would be topdrawer.

paulj :troll:

New Stair treads

Hi Jeff: For an attractive solution see page T22 in the August 2008 issue of Mainsheet. If you do not subscribe let me know and I will send you the article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.