CABIN SLATS

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
Where do you put your plexi glass cabin slats while sailing. Mine fit between the hand rail and the companion way slide, however I always have this awful feeling that they are going to end up in the water. I'm sure you all have your spots, I just cant find one that I comfortable with.

dmax

Jul 29, 2018
O'Day 35 Buzzards Bay
I store mine underneath the quaterberth cushion - out of the way and protected.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
My mom made a custom sleeve with two pockets for ours. Wit that we could lay them in the quarterberth or in the vee berth. Without the custom sleeve, the vee berth between the cushions and the carpeted hull liner is a pretty safe spot.

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
The SBO store sells a nicely made storage pouch for them. Put them in, then store in a locker or in the cabin.

Aug 17, 2010
Oday 35 Barrington
I am not trying to be a pain here, but I have never sailed on a 30. The 35 has a small shallow locker on the starboard side that is perfect for storing the drop boards.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
The 35 has a small shallow locker on the starboard side that is perfect for storing the drop boards.
Sometimes, when the answer to all my challenges is getting a bigger boat, it all starts to point in a direction that makes sense. But I'm chicken to talk to the wife about it. Ha HA.