Cabin LED lights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2010
Beneteau 331 0 Niceville FL
Has anyone replaced the cabin halogen lights with LED's? any suggestions?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2009
Catalina 310 Sturgeon Bay, WI
Yes - just did this last week, on six fixtures. Ordered the lamp replacement from Catalina Direct. Cost a few $$ but very nice, no heat - great light. Now if they just had a white / red switchable replacement would be outstanding.

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
There are combo lights just starting to show up so I would expect wide distribution in the next year. I changed all bulbs on board to led, the heat difference alone makes them worth it. And the power draw, or lack thereof, is 1/10 of the previous load at the highest.

Dec 5, 2010
Long Story said:
Yes - just did this last week, on six fixtures. Ordered the lamp replacement from Catalina Direct. Cost a few $$ but very nice, no heat - great light. Now if they just had a white / red switchable replacement would be outstanding.
Want to make sure I understand...did the new LED's plug into you existing fixtures or did you replace the fixtures?

Thanks
Scott

Apr 8, 2010
Frers 33 41426 Westport, CT
Here's the writeup from when I changed mine last year. I changed the fixtures, because I wanted to upgrade to white / red. A friend of mine showed me some white / red that he bought this spring that are single bulb, when you first turn them on, they are red, turn off, and back on, they come on white. Real cool concept, but it would annoy me...

http://sailingit.com/blog/boat-projects/cabin-light-replacment-and-led-upgrades

Jan 22, 2008
Oday 35 and Mariner 2+2 Alexandria, VA
kappykaplan said:
I purchased LEDs that fit the existing fixtures.
Same here. The LEDs all were matched to my old fittings. The "bulbs" look different as most are disc type but use the same 2 pole bayonet fitting.

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks....just ordered 10 LED's to go in the existing fixtures from Catalina Direct.

Mar 8, 2011
Catalina 25 Long island
I have an 84 C25. Do you guys happen to know which bulbs I may need? Mine are the 2 prong bayonet style as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.