Cabin LED lights (Catalina 350)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2009
2 350 Kemah
I am looking to upgrade my overall cabin lighting in my 2005 Catalina 350 wing keel.
I am looking at the Sensibulb lights but at $40 per bulb, I want to get feedback from others. I read the review that Practical Sailor did but want to reassure these bulbs are really worth the $$$.

My goals are to:

1) Keep the tempurature in the cabin cooler when the lights are on.
2) Achieve decent quality lighting (nice spread of beam but not too blue/cool).
3) Draw less power when using lights.

Is there a better or comparable solution that is a bit less expensive than a $40/bulb Sensibulb? If so, what did you buy/where?

Also, how many "puck" lights are in the cabin of a 350? My boat is an hour away and I would like to go ahead and order them for my next trip to the boat.

W

wcconway

check with the Catalinta 350 IA

Might want to post this question to the C350IA group. Go to catalina350.net and post via the forum or subscribe to the mailing list. We are a very active group!

Connie Conway
S/V Arkeoo C350 #467
C350IA Webmaster

Oct 31, 2005
Catalina 350 Brunswick Landing Marina, Brunswick, GA
LED's

Replaced one cabin and map light just to try on my C- 350 They are much cooler and use less juice, but they are pricey and the ones i bought not as bright as the originals. While u can order on line cheaper than $40, i would try one before buying and replacing all.
Sorry, not on my boat which is 13 hours away and don't have the make i bought.

I am looking to upgrade my overall cabin lighting in my 2005 Catalina 350 wing keel.
I am looking at the Sensibulb lights but at $40 per bulb, I want to get feedback from others. I read the review that Practical Sailor did but want to reassure these bulbs are really worth the $$$.

My goals are to:

1) Keep the tempurature in the cabin cooler when the lights are on.
2) Achieve decent quality lighting (nice spread of beam but not too blue/cool).
3) Draw less power when using lights.

Is there a better or comparable solution that is a bit less expensive than a $40/bulb Sensibulb? If so, what did you buy/where?

Also, how many "puck" lights are in the cabin of a 350? My boat is an hour away and I would like to go ahead and order them for my next trip to the boat.

Oct 6, 2007
Catalina 387 Panama City, FL
I have replaced some the hot power hungry "puck" lights on my 387 with "Taylorbright" "Classic Florescent Lights" West Marine Catalog # 8699605 16W Red/White Fixtures, list price $87.99. I installed them over the Chart Table, over the Galley, and over the Settee. They look good and provide plenty of light and have Red for night running. You can get them with both bulbs white, list price $77.99. Will be changing out one in the Vee Berth and the Rear Berth next. Pricey, but worth it!

Replaced one of the small "spot" light blubs with a Sensibulb (do not remember the model, is flat with two Led's), works great puts out lots of light, will be replacing the rest of them later.

Bill

W

Wally

bulbs

I went with Imtra bulbs for my C36. I replaced both foward cabin reading light bulbs, one on each side of the main cabin and changed out the two overhead "double swivel" fixtures with the "Hatteras" model from Imtra, (a bit of woodworking involved with this to make a base out of teak that matched the dimensions of the old fixture). Worked out very well....negligable amp draw.
As of a short while ago, Imtra had their Led replacement bulbs on sale.
BTW, I made sure to order the "warm white" light.

May 4, 2010
Catalina 350 Annapolis
Try Sailor Sam's

A friend of mine replaced all of his cabin dome lights on his C-350 with LED arrays he purchased online at Sailor Sam's. Last week, I installed one of these on my C-350. It was only $23 plus shipping. Google "sailor sams". The part no. is ICM-LEDG4S. I am very happy with the amount and the color of the light it puts out and will be replacing all my incandescent bulbs with LEDs.

-- johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.