C26 Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2013
Coronado C25 San Pedro, CA
I just started looking for a boat and I came across a C26 Classic (Not MKII) and I can't find too much info on this model, the current owner knows nothing about this vessel. So if anyone here knows, here are a few questions:
1. Full keel w/cutaway I know that but how is the keel attached or is it part of the hull and the cavity filled with ballast?
2. the head is plumbed straight out to sea (not legal unless 3 miles out) has anyone retrofit a holding tank if so where and how many gallons?
3. has anyone installed opening ports in place of the four smaller ports on the forward part of the cabin?

I am planning an extensive look at the boat next week if no one buys it before than.

Feb 20, 2013
Columbia 26 Willapa Harbor
I just started looking for a boat and I came across a C26 Classic (Not MKII) and I can't find too much info on this model, the current owner knows nothing about this vessel. So if anyone here knows, here are a few questions:
1. Full keel w/cutaway I know that but how is the keel attached or is it part of the hull and the cavity filled with ballast?
2. the head is plumbed straight out to sea (not legal unless 3 miles out) has anyone retrofit a holding tank if so where and how many gallons?
3. has anyone installed opening ports in place of the four smaller ports on the forward part of the cabin?

I am planning an extensive look at the boat next week if no one buys it before than.
I just got one myself and am going through the same questions. I do know that the keel is encapsulated lead. Someone put in a y valve in the head on my boat and plumbed it under the v berth in the compartment next to the head, not sure of the capacity but i"m considering going with a composting toilet anyway. I have also been having a difficult time with much info though. A guy has a website called Captain Pualy's virtual boat yard and he refit one. Project day dream. Any way. good luck and I hope you post what you find.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
I have a lot of Columbia and Coronado (similar) info. I am not sure which C-26 you are looking at. The 26-T or the 26-K?

Feb 24, 2013
I was curious, does your boat have aluminum frames or rubber molding?
If your talking about the rubrail this 64 doesn't have one, it appears that the deck and hull have been glassed together unless the seam is under the teak toerails.

Feb 20, 2013
Columbia 26 Willapa Harbor
If your talking about the rubrail this 64 doesn't have one, it appears that the deck and hull have been glassed together unless the seam is under the teak toerails.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I was talking about around the portlights.

Feb 24, 2013
I was curious, does your boat have aluminum frames or rubber molding?
First off its not my boat, I am going to take another look at it this weekend, I will be poking around in all the nooks and crannies also I will be taking measurements to see if I can find a holding tank that will fit the side of the v-berth. And to answer your question the windows have the rubber seals and no leaks, I understand that the rubber seals are ok for coastal / lake cruising but for offshore work you'll want a heavier window maybe even Lexan and the frames should be the aluminum ones as they are more stout and if you take a broadside wave on the windows I wouldn't want the rubber seal to push in. I will keep on posting here about my progress and if this doesn't work out I will be looking for another Columbia, heck I might even check out a C22....

Status
Not open for further replies.