C&C 44 spinnaker pole.

Oct 5, 2021
C&C 44 Seattle Yacht Club
I haven’t used the spinnaker yet on my 44. There is a broken cable on the outside of the pole. Can someone post on proper rigging of the pole and setting the pole?
Many thanks - Dan

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Broken cable could be a few different things.
A spinnaker pole has cables for the '"Topping lift" or pole up - actually it's a bridle. Also for the pole down. It could also have line or wire for opening the jaws (On a 44' C&C I'm guessing jibes are done dip pole rather than end for end). There could be just one of those.
So there's usually a swaged wire loop connecting the bridles to both ends of the pole. And then a shackle "Halyard" for the up and a similar downhaul for the down (Going thru an eye on the deck about mid pole). Some rig the down with some shock cord to allow a bit of play making adjusting the guy for the pole easier (You do not have to immediately release the down.)
That's about the best I can do without finding pictures on the web, which exist in abundance.
C&C's carry a large masthead spinnaker and on a 44' boat that can be a bit to handle.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
There are many images. With out knowing the cable that concerns you I offer a generic image that displays a typical set up.
IMG_4145.jpeg

there are variations.
1693010498837.jpeg

Oct 5, 2021
C&C 44 Seattle Yacht Club
Broken cable could be a few different things.
A spinnaker pole has cables for the '"Topping lift" or pole up - actually it's a bridle. Also for the pole down. It could also have line or wire for opening the jaws (On a 44' C&C I'm guessing jibes are done dip pole rather than end for end). There could be just one of those.
So there's usually a swaged wire loop connecting the bridles to both ends of the pole. And then a shackle "Halyard" for the up and a similar downhaul for the down (Going thru an eye on the deck about mid pole). Some rig the down with some shock cord to allow a bit of play making adjusting the guy for the pole easier (You do not have to immediately release the down.)
That's about the best I can do without finding pictures on the web, which exist in abundance.
C&C's carry a large masthead spinnaker and on a 44' boat that can be a bit to handle.
Thank you SO much! I will send a pic of the broken bridle. It would, in fact, require a dip-pole jibe. The is only a jaw on one end. The other has a pin that works with a car on the mast
I’ll post pics