C&c 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2012
C&C C&C 24' Metedeconk River
Hi All.
I'm a new 1984 C&C 24' owner, new to sailing and new to boating altogether and have tons of question and was wondering if anyone could help

My cabin lights don't work, are there fuses somewhere, all of the other lights work?

I would really like to clean the toe rail, anysuggestions what might work to get it back to black

Do I have to shop in West Marine for boat wash etc or are there janitorial cleaners or household cleaners I can use for ther fiberglass, gelcoat, metals etc

My windows leak bad and have to be removed and resealed They are what I believe is called flush mount. What is the recomended adhesive?

Is 5/16 the proper size rope for haylards and sheets? Is polyester the proper material?

The list is endless but I just need to start somewhere.

On a good note I was out all day yesterday on the Metedeconk river and it was like heven!!!! Love it!!!!
I had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time

Thanks for your help
Nancy

Jan 9, 2011
C&C 26 Solomans
Hi kendrick2, there are fuses for the cabin lights, mine are located next to the switchs on the port side, next to the big battery switch. I have a 26'. As I understand it now, the way to seal the 'port lights' is with 'Buytl Tape', last along time I'm told. Hope this helps some, but when it comes to boat maint, I'm dumb as a box of rocks! Fair winds!

Apr 22, 2012
Hi kendrick2, there are fuses for the cabin lights, mine are located next to the switchs on the port side, next to the big battery switch. I have a 26'. As I understand it now, the way to seal the 'port lights' is with 'Buytl Tape', last along time I'm told. Hope this helps some, but when it comes to boat maint, I'm dumb as a box of rocks! Fair winds!
Thanks I'll take a look

Jan 9, 2011
C&C 26 Solomans
Well as i said, when it comes to boat maint I'm the last one who should post, but I like to TRY and help, seems someone is always helping me thankgoodness!

Apr 22, 2012
I went by the boat and today took out the switch/breaker panel to take a look, no fuses but suddenky the cabin lights work ?? Go figure
Thanks again

Ted

Jan 26, 2005
C&C 110 Bay Shore, Long Island, NY
I would really like to clean the toe rail, anysuggestions what might work to get it back to black. Sorry, no suggestions.

Do I have to shop in West Marine for boat wash etc or are there janitorial cleaners or household cleaners I can use for ther fiberglass, gelcoat, metals etc. No need to buy all your cleaning products from West Marine. You can use other household cleaning products with similar results. Start with something mild and make sure it's safe to use on fiberglass. Avoid products with abrasives if possible. Soft Scrub is about as aggressive as you would want to go.

My windows leak bad and have to be removed and resealed They are what I believe is called flush mount. What is the recomended adhesive? Use Dow 795 with the flush mounted plexiglass (cast acrylic) windows. Make sure you put some small spacers between the window and the fiberglass recess so that all the sealant doesn't get squeezed out when the window it pressed into position.

Is 5/16 the proper size rope for haylards and sheets? Is polyester the proper material? Check out the www.cncphotoalbum.com site. If you don't already have an owners manual for your boat, you can purchase one there. It will have lots of information specifically about your model. Halyard diameter and lengths are there too.

The list is endless but I just need to start somewhere.

On a good note I was out all day yesterday on the Metedeconk river and it was like heven!!!! Love it!!!! They are great little well made boats. Enjoy!
I had the best nights sleep I've had in a long time

Thanks for your help
Nancy

Apr 22, 2012
Hi Ted, Thanks for your help. I did buy the Manual crom the C&C site Not a whole lot in it but some useful stuff. I'll have to go throught it again , maybe I missed the rope info. I'm in the middle of the window job and am a bit confused about the adhesive I've read so many different recomendations. Ayway, that is all on hold now awaiting gelcoat/fiberglass repair firsrt. You know how a renovation goes, now that the windows are out first I have to start by repairing some small cracks and chips in the gelcoat near the corner of one of the windows and that will be another 2 weeks of research for a newbie like me!
Still want to be on the boat every day that I can even if it is to clean and repair.
Happy Sailing
Nancy

Mar 14, 2013
C&C 24 Ninnescah Yacht Club
i have a C&C 24 with tandem trailer for sale. are there any fleets out there i might post the boat for sale???

Status
Not open for further replies.