C-30 Engineering Drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2004
Catalina 30 Benicia, California
Does anyone know if there are engineering drawings of the C-30 available on-line? I am trying to remove the throttle/shift assembly on my 1980 C-30. These are the two levers that are mounted on the port-side cockpit wall and operate the shift and throttle cables. I have the levers removed and the retaining nut that appears to hold the interior assembly to the outer flange. However, I am still unable to remove the outer flange. Engineering drawings would help me to understand how the thing is put together. I can't tell if the outer flange is threaded on to the thruough-wall tube or is just rusted tight. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Bob Boller Benicia, CA

T

Tom

Drawings

http://www.catalina30.com/TechLib/PartsManual/Engine.pdf This won't show the shift/throttle assembly to the level of detail you require. I would say that the flange should be removable. Soak with a penetrant, and then take a pipe wrench to it. If it still won't budge, grind part of it off with a grinder. The vibration from the grinder alone could loosen it up.

B

Bob

Use PB Blaster

Bob If its an issue of loosening up some rusted metal, pick up a can of "PB Blaster Penetrant" and let soak for a day or two. Once you spray it on you might consider tapping the fitting lightly with a wrench or hammer to get the penetrant in. If you are looking for drawings you can go up to "Resources" then link to "sailing web sites" then to "Catalina 30 International Assoc", which will take you to the main page. On the left side menu go to "publications" for the 30 Manual Drawings. I doubt you will get any level of detail regarding the attachment configuration, as illustrated in the last post; however, you might find something in the "Technical" articles or you can link for additional help from their. Sometimes its even best to try to locate the manufacturer of the throttle body by contacting custoemr service at the Catalina factory. Keep searching.......I am sure you will get the answers. Good Luck Bob 30 Catalina '88

Status
Not open for further replies.