C-250 Keel Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Don Mac Peek

Hi folks, Disaster struck on my first outing with my "new" C-250(1995) keel cable broke 5 minutes into my maiden voyage. After a bit of diving involving lines and winches we got the board up and shes back on her trailer. Has anyone completed this repair in their own driveway? Any helpful hints/fool proof procedures would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Don.

L

LaDonna Bubak - Planet Catalina

Call Catalina

Their customer service dept can't be beat & they should be able to help you thru this crisis, not to mention get you any parts you'll need. Sounds a little suspicious that it not only broke 5 minutes into your voyage, but it did it on such a newer model. Of course, just wait till you give her a good washing - watch the seagulls flock! Good luck! LaDonna

D

Don Mac Peek

happy ending

Contacted catalina customer service/parts and had the new cable and schematic of repair within 48 hours of the call. The next weekend we launched her and I went diving to replace cable. No problems, 20 minute fix. Kudos for Catalina's service P.S.-the cable had actually pulled out of the ball. Total cost of repair, including shipping $60.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.