brave men/man "needed"/sought....

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
for helping me sail to puerto escondido, mexico this december..... i hope in december--if is later, i will need to find a warm water place to go without boat for a bit!
the boat is a formosa 41.
most folks i have invited have had too many land obligations to be able to take a long time off to go sailing with me. i seek a fairly strong fairly agile man with a good ability to make something out of nothing for repairs..and who knows his way around an engine and wiring and boat..... and who isnt allergic to cats.
my formosa has gps, radar, perkins 4-108, bubba daboatkat and electric windlass, weather fax and other amenities.
does anyone have a lot of time on hand and nothing to do for a while?? i am looking to start another adventure.....

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
i have one person already--no takers here???? sheeesh----come on guys!!!!

Aug 9, 2010
In the market 25'-30' San Diego
How long will the trip take? I have very little of the qualities you desire but have a strong desire to learn and I like cats. :)

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
from san diego to guadaqlupe island is about 2 weeks, then to puerto escondido is week...so count on a month.

Ctskip

Sep 21, 2005
other 12 wet water
Pardon me, but I just have to ask,
Will sex be a part of it? I'm not really looking for a relationship.
Just kidding. I just love using that line.

I wish I could help you out and I'd love to go, buy my wife has plans for me during that month and every month after that one also. It seems that she's been working me like the dog that I am. Go figure? May I come in now? Please? Pretty please? It's raining outside and the dog house is cold and flooded. What? Not yet? OK then, maybe later, OK? Did you hear that? She slammed the door in my face again !! Thats five times tonight. Thats it, I quit. I'm not going to ask her anymore.... tonight. I'll make her want me...You'll see.

Good luck on the adventure.

Keep it up,
Ctskip

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
might have just enough glass left over to help you with that roof leak, ye think?? might get warmer if the wet stops..then, after you show her you can fix the roof, bring her along and we can all have an adventure.
good line...

Aug 9, 2010
In the market 25'-30' San Diego
Bummer! The longest I could get away from work, school, and the family is about a week. :( I can't wait for retirement. If you ever plan any short adventures or just need crew for a daysail let me know.

Feb 6, 2009
Hunter 40 Camano Island
I think pulling out of everett in december for someplace warmer is a great idea. But waiting till december is a bit long......

but my combined scotty/mcgyver skills will probably still be in use on the h40 and on the house finishing till then. Fix it, find it, make another, do without keep it working thats what counts.

Sounds like a great trip tho.

I will have to look at pics of the Formosa 41, probably a more comfortable trip than doing it in the 40

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
formosa 41 is a way heavy boat-should be a nice comfy , if not sea piercing trip-- this is a sweet-lined shiplet with a smooothness --looks great with a bone in her teeth.....

i am finding the work is less than i was originally thinking and is a good thing--i will be so happy to find warm water, finally!!! has been a long time coming..