bow leakage

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dick sonnichsen

i just bought a 1985 capri 22 and after taking down the wooden "divider" in the interior bow section i noticed a white crumbly material and it was damp from the rain. it appears that rain water is getting in and degrading this material? has anyone experienced this problem and can anyone tell me what the "white stuff" is? it runs from the interior deck to the bottom of the exterior deck. Also apparently the interior hull lining has been cut out and additional fiberglass added. Can anyone tell me why this was done?

B

Bryan

leakage!

My Capri 22 "90" leaked in the same spot, except I believe mine was comming from the bow pulpit center post. I put some silicone around the post connection and this seemed to stop the leak. I am not sure what the white stuff is. This boat may have been in an accident and the bow needed to be repaired. I hope it is nothing serious.

M

Mike

Hull liner modification

I also have a 1985 model with sections of the liner cut out, and additional fiberglass added. I ran into the original owner, and he told me that this was done as part of a recall, shortly after he bought it. He believes that it was done to improve the structural integrity, based on some issues with earlier boats. I did't try to verify the info, but it makes sense.

D

Don Hartley

Mine leaked too.

I noticed that mine (an 85 also) had water up front behind the bulkhead when I put it to bed for the winter. It looked like it was coming from the bow pulpit. I haven't tried to fix it yet but it is on the list for this winter. It would be nice to know if anyone comes up with a fix though. and I will do the same. Don Hartley.

Status
Not open for further replies.