Bow Anchor Roller for Macgregor 25

Lemont

May 27, 2020
Macgregor Venture 24 Dexter Lake Oregon
Having trouble finding room to mount a bow anchor roller on my Macgregor 25. The tang for the fore stay is in the way and there doesn't seem to be enough room inside for a backing plate even if I cut a slot in the anchor roller to fit around the tang. Do I even need an anchor roller on a Mac 25 with a Danforth style anchor?

Tedd

Jul 25, 2013
TES 246 Versus near Vancouver, BC
Do I even need an anchor roller on a Mac 25 with a Danforth style anchor?
It depends on your situation. I got by without an anchor roller on my Mac 26S for several years, although I would have preferred having one. Last time out I hurt my back pulling up the anchor, though, so now it's a priority for me.

Nov 10, 2012
S2 9.2 ST IGNAGE, MI
I had a 26s and made a oak bow sprint out front. It was about 18 to 24 in long, then mounted a anchor roller on it. It worked good for me.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Having trouble finding room to mount a bow anchor roller on my Macgregor 25. The tang for the fore stay is in the way and there doesn't seem to be enough room inside for a backing plate even if I cut a slot in the anchor roller to fit around the tang. Do I even need an anchor roller on a Mac 25 with a Danforth style anchor?
Probably do not need an anchor roller since your anchor is relatively light. Just stow it in a plastic crate that is lashed down to the deck.
You might find this related thread helpful. BOW ROLLER/ANCHOR RODE LOCKER - Macgregor Mods (macgregorsailors.com)
Find anchor rollers here MacgregorOwners.com store
I did not se one here but you might contact them to se if they have one that fits ANCHOR ROLLER, 26M (bwyachts.com)