boomtent or camper top for Oday Mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodger K Ham

I plan on doing alot of 2 or 3 day trips in my Oday Mariner I have the boat well fitted for this solar charger 2 batts stove and so on but I have yet to find a good boomtent all I can find is the type that looks like a upside down V What Im looking for is a nice camper type incloser something like they sell for the potter 19 I can sew it myself from a patern If I could find a patern

J

Jim McCue

had a 19 Oday

Years ago I had a 19 Mariner. The fellow I bought it from had basically adapted a wall tent and sewn the front and back with fitted ten cloth panels with those metal twist eyelets as fasteners. It was okay but there wasn't much of any head room and it got hot with the sun beating on it. I evenutally junked it. A nylon tarp strung over the boom with bungee cords to outter rails may be an easier arrangement. Jim

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

Boom tent

I would build a rig from scratch were I you - you'll spend less money and you will have something ideally suited to your boat. I have seen people make a rig out of pvc piping fixed in a shallow vee so that pipe sticks out each side of the boom. Canvas over it hands down to deck level. Nylon straps from the end of each pipe to the deck keeps it taught. I'd leave the back open for ventilation. Justin - O'day Owners' We

D

Don McCoy

Ideas for Tent

Check out Sailrite's instructions for "awnings" to give you some ideas.

M

MArk

Boom town

Being cheap, I would take approximate measurements of what might work. Then, go to Wal-Mart and find a tent with at least those dimensions. Preferrably one with zipper flaps and screens. Then, I'd hang it under the boom and trim to fit. There's one on the related link that may work, but check your local Wally-World for more choices. Happy sails *_/), MArk

Status
Not open for further replies.