boom vang on 25? + more

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerry

We baught an '86 25 this winter & have been sailing it in a local reseviour. We have several questions: - it looks like it has never had a boom vang. Did they come with vangs? If not, what can anyone tell us about installing one? - do (should) we have an electric bilge pump we can't find? - besides this forum, are there other good places to pick up tips for 25's? Thank you.

S

Steve LeBlanc

Boom Vang on M25

No, the boats never came with one, but you can purchase a boom vange for around 100.00 - 200.00 for the boat. It is a somewhat good idea to have one, I don't yet but plan on going to Mimmie's in Newport Beach Ca to get the blocks. The lowest point, as I understand it, is by the battery. I think it is actually in the little compartment behind the keel crank. Boats US has a 40.00 unit that runs on 5 D cell batteries and a 72" line. Just uncoil the line and put it in the cockpit. It will run out the drain hole by the transum. My idea would be to splice the exit line to the drain line in the transum. but it is a tight squeeze to get into the transum. SAILSNET.com www.sailsnet.com, has a forum with lots of great ideas, namely from the Steve Vaczovsky and Steve O'Neil. I have picked up lots of sailing tips, ideas, facts, etc..

D

dan

www.macgregor-boats.com

Hi Kerry... Here is a site with bunches of info on old Macs. happy sailing.....dan

Status
Not open for further replies.