Boom Vang Hardware

Jan 22, 2008
Macgregor 22 Edgewater MD
Hi MacGregor owners,
I have a 22' MacGregor Sailboat. I am missing the piece of metal hardware that connects the Boom Vang to the Traveler. I have attached a pic of where the piece should be attached. Does anyone know the name of the is piece and where I can purchase one?
Thanks very much,
Salvatore

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I don't have the answer but....

It might help if you could give the manufacturer of your traveler... and if it has a model number, you can probably track down a part list for that model.

Also, I think what you are calling the vang is actually the main sheet block.:)

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Okay... I could see Harken stamped on one of the blocks.... a quick google of "Harken Traveler Parts" and I found this pic. I think (see arrow) that this is what you are looking for.
1683133833857.png

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Uh, why do you want to connect the boom vang to the traveler? Perhaps you're thinking of the mainsheet. The vang connects to the boom and the bottom of the mast. It keeps the boom from lifting when the mainsail is swung out beyond the range of the traveler. The traveler and boom are connected with the mainsheet.

Take a close look at your traveler to see if there's a release method to replace the stamped shackle. Stamped shackles are not expensive, but you'll want correct size. My suggestion is to investigate further by finding the Harken catalogue online... or perhaps there's a customer service number available that will assist you.

Jan 22, 2008
Macgregor 22 Edgewater MD
I don't have the answer but....

It might help if you could give the manufacturer of your traveler... and if it has a model number, you can probably track down a part list for that model.

Also, I think what you are calling the vang is actually the main sheet block.:)
Thanks so much for replying and helping me with this