Boom Topping Lift

Mar 6, 2019
Catalina Capri 22 Marblehead MA
Hello there, I have an 1986 Capri 22 (owned by me for only 6 months) with an adjustable topping lift - harken block mounted at end of topping lift wire leading from the masthead - I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of how theirs are rigged? While I understand while an adjustable topping lift is helpful, I haven't been able to crack the code on a clean way to rig it...it's got a jam cleat on the boom where the bitter end presumable leads through.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Just seeing this post.
You got pics of your boom, blocks, cable?
I'm sure we can help work it out with you.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Hello there, I have an 1986 Capri 22 (owned by me for only 6 months) with an adjustable topping lift - harken block mounted at end of topping lift wire leading from the masthead - I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of how theirs are rigged? While I understand while an adjustable topping lift is helpful, I haven't been able to crack the code on a clean way to rig it...it's got a jam cleat on the boom where the bitter end presumable leads through.
Seems like you have all the right hardware. Below are links on installing a topping lift. Lots of diagrams on the internet.

Mar 6, 2019
Catalina Capri 22 Marblehead MA
Seems like you have all the right hardware. Below are links on installing a topping lift. Lots of diagrams on the internet.

Thank you Will and Sail SF Bay. I finally got around to looking into this - your posts were very helpful. Happy New Year.