Boom Reefing Line?

Oct 30, 2021
Catalina 27 Potomac
Hi All..My ’88 Catalina 27 has this line, not connected to anything at the end of boom near topping lift. It exits near the mast with no obvious connection points.

I’m assuming it was once attached to a single line reefing system, but can’t find any schematics for my particular boom.

Does anyone recognize this line and know how it should be connected? Thanks in advance! (See pics please)

Attachments

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations on your new sailboat!! Does your mainsail have a cringle to run the line through as shown on page 9 of the manual attached and page 26 in the 1988 manual found in this link Renton Sailing Center - Catalina 27 Manuals and Specifications? Should look like the diagram below. Reefing instructions on page 25 of the manual in the above link.
1651264203750.png

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Oct 30, 2021
Catalina 27 Potomac
Congratulations on your new sailboat!! Does your mainsail have a cringle to run the line through as shown on page 9 of the manual attached and page 26 in the 1988 manual found in this link Renton Sailing Center - Catalina 27 Manuals and Specifications? Should look like the diagram below. Reefing instructions on page 25 of the manual in the above link.
View attachment 204943
Thanks you! Problem solved using the correct manual. Obviously, not a “one size” fits all scenario.