Boom Castings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2010
Bristol B26 Hull, Ma
Does anyone know where I could get a boom end cap casting with the Mainsheet ears for a B26?

Jul 5, 2007
Kenner Privateer 26 schooner, Carlyle Illinois
What is the diameter of the boom? Also, what is the inside diameter of the tube?

I have a couple old booms that might have the same end cap.

Chuck

Sep 7, 2010
Bristol B26 Hull, Ma
What is the diameter of the boom? Also, what is the inside diameter of the tube?

I have a couple old booms that might have the same end cap.

Chuck
I'm not sure, I have to pull it apart.. I was hoping that Bristol had used a common size that I could just buy or find out what it was but as I am finding out, no one knows what they used..

Do you think the 24 and the 26 used a common profile??

Jul 5, 2007
Kenner Privateer 26 schooner, Carlyle Illinois
I'm not sure they always used the same spars all the way through a production run. Often, the same mast and boom extrusions were used on different boat. They were just cut to the correct length. I have an oval boom that came from a Pearson 26 that might be about the right size.

Is your boom round, or oval?

Try looking at www.rigrite.com for parts. You may be able to match by size and shape.

Sep 7, 2010
Bristol B26 Hull, Ma
I'm not sure they always used the same spars all the way through a production run. Often, the same mast and boom extrusions were used on different boat. They were just cut to the correct length. I have an oval boom that came from a Pearson 26 that might be about the right size.

Is your boom round, or oval?

Try looking at www.rigrite.com for parts. You may be able to match by size and shape.
Thank you very much I'll check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.