Boat Transport Cost- Catalina 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Camarena

We're considering the possibility of shipping our Catalina 30 from the Sacramento, CA area to Washington state (about 800 mi via I-5) for an extended cruise in the San Juan Islands sometime in the next year or two. I was curious about the cost each way for transport, stepping the mast and launching. Anyone have any idea of what I could expect? Any suggestions of reputable companies to contact?

P

Pete

transport cost

Bob, boat transporting can get quite expensive. A ballpark figure is $2 per mile plus any permit cost(overwidth most likely will be required) Plus the cost of loading unloading charges by yards on both ends plus cost of mast stepping and unstepping.Get some quotes from transporters but expect $2200 to $2500 each way. Not what you wanted to hear maybe you should check out a charter to see what they say about a longer then usual charter or consider haveing it sailed up the coast via captain. Good Luck !

K

Keith

Latts and Atts

This months Latitudes and Attitudes magazine has a article about a couple who did a transport across country. It should be informative.

S

Steve

Shipping Costs

I just had a Catalina 380 shipped from the Dallas, TX area to the Memphis, TN area - roughly 600 miles. I got the boat ready to go - took the bimini down, boom, packed up. The marina helped me drop the mast and packed it up for me. The marina I was exiting charged me a little over $800 for taking the mast down, packing it up and loading the boat. The shipping itself cost me $2450, and I haven't been billed by my marina for helping step the mast. I expect that to be around $700. So about $4000 total for me.

T

Terry

A skipper friend of mine just trucked his boat...

from Long Beach to Everett, WA. It cost him $3,000 for everything for his 32 foot Freedom cat sloop. That included trucking fees, boat prep in Long Beach and splash prep in Everett. Terry

R

Robert

Shop Around

I had my Santana 35 shipped from Newport, RI to Deale, MD, and it cost me $1100. Offloading at the marina was $150, and stepping the mast will end up at about $700. Make sure you get a lot of estimates, because they vary greatly. I ended up using the cheapest, which I rarely do, and it worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.