Boat Naming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 1969
- - -
My boat has a new resting place at the lake. However, to make application, they wanted to know the name of the boat (not manufacture). Since I really haven't named it or placed a name on it, I looked for a place to put one. I seem to remember a post last year about someone putting a name on their boat, but the picture was missing. Has anyone placed a name on their boat? Do you have any suggestions as to a good visible place to put one (on the boat that is...) Thanks.

J

Jim Kolstoe

Name first

place second. Off hand, I'd say your transome is not a good choice unless you're really into fine print. I've seen small neatly done boat names such as Ed has,and much larger (character size) taking up a fair amount of hull length. It also depends on whether you want to include graphics. Friend used to have a h22 named "Bounty Hunter" with a graphic of a cowboy with a rope, pistol belt and a hat as big as he was. Another boat in the marina was "Simply Red," which was spelled out in large block letters against a red hull, stretching 9' or 10' along the hull. Play with it, have fun, be proud of the result - its your personal thing. Jim Kolstoe, h23 Kara's Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.