Boat name placement etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim Bastian

Hi All, Does anyone know the proper boat name placement etiquette? On the stern I have the boat name and home port. I am wanting to put the name on each side of the bow and I am wondering if I should include the home port on this area too? Also with regards to the registration number how close to the number can the name be? Thanks, Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

J

Jeff Gottlieb

Name Placement

Hi Tim...Happy New Year. I've always heard that the name can go either on the stern or the sides, but aft. Home port goes on the stern. How close to the bow and the reg. numbers may be a state specific regulation. In Texas we have to leave a "space" or include a hyphen to separate the reg numbers.

R

Robert

Boat name and #'s....

Hi Tim. I agree with Jeff, and you may also want to check with your local officials. There may well be regs on the size of the letters and numbers you can use. A good place to start is with the Dept. of Wildlife and Fisheries. Happy sailing. Robert.

J

Jerry

If it makes you happy

Other than possible regulations that you might need to follow, put the name where it makes YOU happy. Yes, there are traditional modes. But, as I look at the America's Cup Yachts, there names are located just about anywhere. Bow, aft, top, bottem- put it where you will be pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.