Blown Fuse

CJB220

Aug 21, 2019
Hunter 36 Middle River
I have a 2005 H36. Recently, the 5 amp fuse in the cockpit engine control panel has blown. I replaced the fuse and holder, and cleaned the contacts for the fuel gauge. After running the engine for approximately 2 hours, I the fuse blew. The fuse is for the fuel gauge and engine fire suppression system. Attached is the best schematic that I can find. I sail out of Bowleys Quarters, MD. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I don't follow what you are saying from the diagram. Doesn't seem logical that the same fuse powers a fuel gauge and engine fire suppression system. Look for maybe a chafed wire on the load side of the fuse.
:plus:

CJB220

Aug 21, 2019
Hunter 36 Middle River
The problem seems to be a the the fuel gauge. It was missing a jam nut on the terminal posts. I added the nuts and things have been working well. Looked over wiring, no obvious problems. I appreciate the input from Justin_NSA & rgranger. Hope it remains problem free.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
The problem seems to be a the the fuel gauge. It was missing a jam nut on the terminal posts. I added the nuts and things have been working well. Looked over wiring, no obvious problems. I appreciate the input from Justin_NSA & rgranger. Hope it remains problem free.
Hard to believe the lack of a jam nut (I assume you mean second nut to lock them tight) would change anything.....unless the wire was loose.

Greg