bimini informtion

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jennifer

We sail a Hunter 30 on an inland lake. Recently we were offered a bimini which had been used on a Catalina 30. Any known problems with instillation when going from a Catalina to a Hunter? Any current bimini users: We sail in the southern Indiana area. We're wondering how much having a bimini will enhance our enjoyment. Anyone care to voice an opinion? Thanks.

D

Dakota Jim Russell

Heat

Had a bimini on my former boat (91 H30T) and enjoyed it. You may have to adjust the openings for the backstays when moving from a Catalina to a Hunter, and may have some other problems. Would suggest that you see if it fits before buying it. Enjoyment: you bet. Reduces the heat from the direct sun considerably (obviously), and one learns to trim sails by looking around the bimini, or through the window. Did not find that a problem and really made the hot days a lot more comfortable.

A

Al Brito

Relief

Jennifer - I do river and coastal sailing in Florida; a bimini is an absolute necessity in the Florida heat. Once you try it you won't be without it! Enjoy. Al Brito s/v Showtime

G

Gary Scheier

Ditto

We just spent a week on the Sacramento River delta with temperatures over 100. We would not have survived without the bimini.

M

Marc Honey

Texas Heat

A bimini top will greatly enhance the enjoyment of your boat. Almost a necessity here in Texas. It was third on my list when I went looking for a replacement to my last boat...(roller furling, wheel steering, bimini)...I would have added one had it not come w/it. Even enhances enjoyment of a rainy day in the slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.