Bimini horizontal support tube (H27)

Oct 19, 2023
Hunter 27 Barnett Reservoir
My '07 H27 is missing the horizontal bimini support tube on the port side. Fell into the water beneath my slip. I need to replace it, and I also need an eye end and a mounting thumb screw. Would anyone know where to get something so specific like that? The piece seems somewhat custom because it has an intentional bend in it to avoid binding with the vertical supports. I've attached 3 pictures - the ones from the port side have the pieces I need circled in red. I also included one from the starboard side (no red circle) to show the bend. Anyone familiar with this?
Thanks.

IMG-7134.jpg

IMG-7135.PNG

IMG-7136.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Take your good piece to a metal shop that bends tubing. They should be able to recreate the piece of tubing you need.
The fittings are nothing special. Look on line for a source. You will need the diameter of the tubbing to find a matching piece. And canvas shop in a marina environment should be able to set you up with the hardware.

Oct 22, 2014
Guessing here but it looks like your bimini tubbing could be 1" thinwall SS

May 27, 2004
Hunter 30_74-83 Ponce Inlet FL
I don't know where Barnett Reservoir is located but if there is an
RV or boat salvage yard nearby call them and ask if they have 1" ss tube.
Then look online for the fittings.
If the tubing needs to be bent slightly, then find a shop that bends.
Otherwise, grab your wallet tightly for the bill.

Oct 19, 2023
Hunter 27 Barnett Reservoir
Appreciate the good advice - sounds doable, though as I feared, it appears there is not a standard H27 bimini tube like this I can just order w/o customization.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Any canvass shop that makes boat canvass can bend the tube. If they don't have tubing in stock, short sections can be purchased from Sailrite.com or Defender.com. You will have to cut the tubing yourself, not hard with a good tubing cutter for SS.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I've bought SS tubing from sail rite.com and Amazon. I've bought many connection pieces from Amazon. All have held up well for 3 seasons. I use this cutter on 1" SS tubing.
1698410676957.png
Bought it at Home Depot. It doesn't specify for SS but it does the job.

You might be able to borrow/rent a tubing bender to do the job if you can't find a local metal, canvas or other mechanical type shop to bend it.

• Helpful
Oct 22, 2014
You could also look at a boat scrap heap after a big storm. There is often lots of scrap 1" pipe from broken bimini's that can be reused/repurposed lying about.