Bimini for 27 Power sailor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2011
Lancer 27PS 27 Powersailer Ohio - Lake Erie
Hi,
Has anyone put a bimini on a Lancer Yacht 27 Powersailor? Mine is a 1985. Just wondering where you bought the bimini, what, if any challenges you encountered.
Thanks

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
I have been meaning to but haven't yet. The only thing I see is the split back stay. Kind of a pain in the butt. Good luck.

Jul 10, 2011
Hi Brian,
I'll let you know how it goes. I'll be measuring my boat this weekend, and then perusing the internet for a supplier. There's a canvas shop down the road, and I hope to have them modify the bimini with a zipper and cut-out section for the back stay.
Todd

Oct 18, 2011
Lancer PS 27 Charleston
I saw a two piece bimini on a Lancer that looked pretty nice. I am not sure if it was custom, but it left room for the boom to swing and the main to go in between. I hope that you find a good supplier because i need to do mine also.

May 29, 2009
Lancer 27ps Suisun City
bimini

My bimini(s) came with the boat, but are fairly inexpensive aluminum frame models. The one I kept on the boat is rail mounted and tall enough to allow me (5'10") to walk underneith while standing on the cockpit seat, I have to bend some but not much. It covers really well sitting at the helm or standing. If I had it to to again I would have it made, or make it, with the main frame very near the backstay and the moveable frames forward and aft. This would allow the backstay wires to come through leather patches without using a zipper and allow the bimini to be stowed against the backstay instead of taking it all the way down. Just fold it up and tie it. We get pretty constant 10-15 knot winds around here but sometimes they blow as much as 50 knots, taking the bimini down instead of stowing it in place is a real pain not to mention the butt clencher of disconnecting the backstay in rising winds, no bueno.

Jul 10, 2011
Re: bimini

Hi Guys, thanks for the replies on the bimini.
Unfortunately, my list of repairs grew for my old boat. Now she's put away for winter. I am hoping to resurrect the bimini project in spring.... budget allowing after repairs. I really appreciate the buy it custom perspective. Thanks again. Todd

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Todd... where are your batteries? In the aft lazerette or forward under the port or starboard settee?

Status
Not open for further replies.