Bimini for 1995 Hunter 26.

Sep 5, 2017
Macgregor 26S TN River
I am thinking of adding a bimini to my Hunter 26. The boat is currently an hour away from me. Is there any biminis that others have used that they recommend? If not, does anyone have the measurements that work with the H26?

I am aware of the ones on SBOs. I am looking a cheaper version (yes, I know it will not last as long) as a first try. If we find it highly useful, we will purchase a better one when this one wears out.

Thanks
-Russ

Mar 12, 2021
Hunter 26 Gulfport
I have a 1995 H26. My boom is very low in the cockpit so the previous owner set 2 biminis. One is lower to fit under the boom and the other is higher at the back of the cockpit. We bungee them together. You can buy a 2 bow bimini on amazon. Just be mindful of the height.

Aug 12, 2018
Hunter 26 Carter Lake, Colorado
It seems to be difficult to find a H26 bimini that doesn’t interfere with boom and/or the main sheet. Mine interferes with both unless I shorten the topping lift unnaturally and attach the main sheet to the reefing padeye.

I keep trying to think of what to do about it, but I hate to just move it further back because not much of the cockpit will be shaded then.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The Bimini offered by the forum store were made to fit the hunter 26/260. For both boats the model year is important to include it. I know the manufacturer as I recommended them to Hunter and was there helping to design them. With the 6 footer the boom nail has to be moved toward on the boom to ensure the Bimini will clear the mainsheet. Instructions come with it and lasts for years. Yes you pay more but you are buying quality

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Do an internet search on "1995 Hunter 26 bimin images" to see lots of bimini examples. Buy an on-line onr based on your measurements OR pre-measured one from this site but verify the year and dimensions Bimini, pre-measured (sailboatowners.com) OR have your local canvas shop measure, fabricate and install one (more expensive, albeit made to meet your requirments anfd fit perfectly).

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017
Macgregor 26S TN River
Thanks all for your responses. I'm hoping to measure the back stern rail this weekend (to see if it 1" or 7/8" rail) and order a bimini from the forum store next week.