Bimini dimensions for 9.2C

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2008
S2 9.2C 1980 St. Leonard (Chesapeake Bay), MD
Can anyone provide me with the dimensions for a bimini frame for the 9.2C. When I took possession of my boat the PO asked if I wanted a frame (with holey canvas). He was going to trash it. After looking it over I have come to the conclusion that it was not made for that boat. I'm trying to decide whether to trash it, modify it or make it work.

Jan 17, 2009
2 9.2/C Rockford, MI
I don't have a bimini for my S2, but one thing to keep in mind is not letting the mainsheet interfere with the bimini. You could easily rip it off with the mainsheet when sailing with the bimini up.

Good luck!

May 2, 2008
S2 9.2C 1980 St. Leonard (Chesapeake Bay), MD
That was one of several concerns I have with the proper size and placement of the frame. When I attempted to use the one I have, I wasn't able to open/close it without moving the boom out of the way. Also, when it was down it interfered with sitting comfortably behind the wheel. When I looked at the placement of the mounting brackets it was obvious to me that a PO had not very carefully placed the brackets - he must not have even owned a tape measure to get the brackets mounted evenly on both sides!

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
I'd suggest perusing the internet, particularly yachtworld, for a boat for sale with the bimini up. Looking at other center cockpits might also help. I looked quick but didn't find any photos even though some listed a bimini as equipment. That's what did when I was trying to get a handle on what would work on the 9.2A. Like you, I inherited a bimini frame, but with no canvas on it. Save the frame, it might be worth something as a trade in if you go to a local shop, especially if it is stainless. At minimum save the fittings if they are removable and in decent shape. They might be useful for something.

I had thought about taking a hack at building a two bow bimini to cover the helm...I can't beleive they actually want to charge more for a small bimini than a large, but that is what this site indicates. I suppose it is for the extra rail mount fittings and spreaders involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.