Better way to make twin bed of h26 seats, than 6x2ft plank I did?

Oct 8, 2023
Hunter 260 Kemah
Is there better way to make twin bed of h26 seats, than 80x16inch plank and 4x4inch blocks stacked for height?? For wider sleepers. I got some pics. Widens sleeping area from 23 inch to 32. CUSHIONS TURNED SIDEWAYS WORK GREAT!! Plywood is 3/4inch from scrap pile, if newer wood 1/2 inch should work better.

Actually for thin sleepers I think the bunk/seats are plenty wide enough but my Mom is larger, ha. One could cut a round notch to fit around table post and go 2+ inches wider which Id do next time.

At table post need 3 inches of under support, at floor need 12 inches (or maybe 13.5 sorry I forgot?). Cut some 4x4x12inch foot wood blocks and stack.

I skipped being fancy and trying to cut slight curve to match the seat edge. The plank does not slide around, or feel tippy, I guess most ones weight is still on the usual seat so plank over the edge is just for arm and half a butt cheek, haha. But definitely looks wider so some will like. And the 3/4 plywood under cushions isn't a big bump and also sorta unlevels cushions so person tends to be pushed back against boat wall and not wanna roll off plank edge.. Basically it works at B+ level for low effort...

I'm happy, this is a option to keep around and use if mom complains she needs more sleeping width. Gotta grab some 4x4x12inch blocks from road construction junk pile for under support.. Yes the rear queen berth is available but mom likely would feel closed in back there, so I'll use that.

Sorry for messy boat, ha.

P.S. To warm up the lights I cut round bits out of yellow and red gel sheets, that photgraphers use. I hate harsh white color, now it's like firelight!!! - D

Attachments

Last edited: