Best place to mount a transducer on an R28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2011
Ranger 28 PENSACOLA
Just purchased a 1975 28 and will need to mount a transducer for a Garmin 521s to it. Being that the transom sits out of the water for this boat, where would be the best place to mount it? Complete noob to monohulls and sailing as I just started sailing last month and have a Windrider 17 Trimaran in the stable. Wanted something bigger to take my girls out on and the 28 fills that need. Looking forward to being proactive on this forum!

Jason

Feb 14, 2011
Hunter 37.5 Marquette, MI
This forum is pretty slow most of the time... there is a pretty active facebook group for ranger owners though.

I have a 1978 R28. My depth and speed transducers are mounted maybe a foot or two forward from the leading edge of the keel. Just off the centerline. There is good access through the compartments under the v-berth. Not sure what kind of transducer the garmin 521 uses, can it be mounted inside the hull, or does it need to pass through?

Jul 1, 2011
Ranger 28 PENSACOLA
The previous owner I just noticed had something mounted using epoxy or caulking to the inside hull under the v-berth compartment. I think I am gonna go that route. Having some issues with the boom now so the transducer must take a back seat. Thanks for th ereply...

Status
Not open for further replies.