Bent Mast

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul

I just bought a used 97' 26x and to make a long story short, I drop the mast 6' before the mast was on the crutch, It now has a slight bend, which is about 5'up from the bottom of the mast. this put the top of the mast about one foot out of plum. Its hard to see on the ground but when I put it up, its quite obvious. can this be repaired, or should I retire it as a flag pole. and if so where would I fine a replacement. Paul

B

Brian Gilbert

Replacement Masts

Hi Paul: Check with Havencraft for a new mast, or dwyer has mast extrusions in several sizes... http://www.dwyermast.com/MASTS/masts.htm Good luck BG

P

Paul

Thanks BG

thanks for the info, I hope I don't need it cause after getting info from machine shops, I totally derigged my mast to the bone, and ever so slighlty, and carefully I tweeked it back to its original shape. It wasn't kinked or bent to the point of no returned, as I thought it might have been, so I gently tweeked it, then I would relaxed it on its side and ran a stringer from end to end as to not go to far the other way. then I shot a lazor light down the edges to confirm. I'm please with the results. this weekend when I reinstall it, will be the true test. thanks again BG. PAUL

M

Mike and Marty

wrong address???

me and my father have a 25 greg with the same bent mast problem....thinking of longer trips, it's time to find a new mast.......has anyone ever purchased a mast?? what sort of price can someone expect to pay?? i read something about a machine shop.....what did they tell you? also i tried to look at the web site GB mentioned but to no luck. any info you fellas could provide would be splendid!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.