BeneteauOwners.com to close this month

Dec 28, 2015
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Le Crouesty Brittany
Regardless of their lawyer's reasoning, it is truly a stupid move on their part.

Whenever I see questions on boating forums that include "Which boat should I buy?" I always suggest finding out if there is a strong and useful Owners Association. Those are THE places to go for TRUE support for any prospective purchase. Owners Associations are THE place to go to avoid reinventing the wheel when it comes to repairs and improvements for your boat. Almost every individual Catalina model, not only the brand,, has their own Owners Association, plus input from folks here.
To complete Stu Jackson comments, have you allready seen a boat forum which has been created tu criticize the brand on which you sail ?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I suspect the problem is not with the forum discussion (as Phil said that part will live on), but specifically with the use of Beneteau in the domain name (before the .com). Companies get sticky about that when it comes to protecting their trademarks. I’m not a lawyer but from what I’ve heard anecdotally if a company wants to shut down some other domain using their trademark they might need to show they’re doing that consistently across others.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I suspect the problem is not with the forum discussion (as Phil said that part will live on), but specifically with the use of Beneteau in the domain name (before the .com).
I can see how they would get their panties knotted about that; however, I think that Beneteau benefits from the ongoing conversations, about the boats, on this site.

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
It is with great sadness that we will be closing BeneteauOwners.com later this month.

We have been contacted by attorneys for Groupe Beneteau who have informed us that we are violating their trademark. BeneteauOwners.com has been operating for 20 years with Beneteau's knowledge but no formal agreement. Without that agreement, this can happen.

As a result, here's what's next:

- The forum for Beneteau owners will remain untouched, right where it is.

- At the end of January, the BeneteauOwners.com domain will forward to SailboatOwners.com until June 1. On June 2nd the domain will go offline.

- The photos, specs, downloads, and other resources on our site for Beneteau owners will be absorbed by SailboatOwners.com later this year, as part of a full site overhaul.

- Please note, this does NOT affect any other sites but BeneteauOwners.com

We deeply regret the inconvenience but rest assured that no content will be lost in the consolidation. As always, thanks for your support.
Change the Name of the site to "BeneOwners.com".....

Jamme

Jan 1, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Stamford, CT
Find someone whose surname is Beneteau and ask him to join the group as administrator!

Nov 25, 2020
Beneteau First 235 Port Salerno
Hello, I hope this message finds all the Beneteau sailors out there well,

I am considering purchasing a 1990 F235, doing my research/due diligence and have some questions.

Does the www.beneteau235.com work?

I can't seem to post anything in forum, create a profile, register or find email for K Holsten for communication.

Is that the same website as you mention in previous posts, that has been transferred to here?

Thanks! :)

Dave

Forum Admin, Gen II
Staff member
Feb 1, 2023
Hello, I hope this message finds all the Beneteau sailors out there well,

I am considering purchasing a 1990 F235, doing my research/due diligence and have some questions.

Does the www.beneteau235.com work?

I can't seem to post anything in forum, create a profile, register or find email for K Holsten for communication.

Is that the same website as you mention in previous posts, that has been transferred to here?

Thanks! :)
The www.beneteau235.com site is not affiliated with SBO.

You can post questions or comments about Beneteau in:

or ask in the Ask All Sailors forum.