Beneteau Oceanis Clipper 331

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oded Zamir

Hi! I consider buying the Beneteau 331 , but also look on the Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 34.2. I like to ask owners of the Beneteau why did they choose to buy it and not the very like boat as the Jeanneau. Thanks very much, Oded

W

Warren Tan

Beneteau Fan

Hi Oded, I just love Beneteau! That is reason enuf for going with it. Besides, the interior and the storage space you get on the 331 is awesome! Warren S/V Jetmags B331

B

Brian Pickton

Pocket Cruisers

Nov. 13, 2000 Dear Oded, I’m sorry it has taken me so long to reply to your questions, I have been trying without much success to get some more information on the Jeanneau you are looking at, without much success. I spent another 3 hours on line today looking and came up dry again, so there isn’t much I can say beyond the general. First don’t be surprised if you don’t get a lot of responses to your questions because a lot of people may not have had the chance to compare the two models you are looking at side by side. As to why one pick one model over another often times the decision which boat to buy is based on emotion as much as the virtues or vices of a particular design. Both boats come out of the same design concept of a pocket cruiser. The real question is, is a particular boat right for you? It is if you like it and are determined to make it work for you. In a broader sense you are going to find more Beneteaus out there then Jeanneaus if for no other reason than Beneteau is a larger builder and has a larger dealer network. Also are you aware that Beneteau owns Jeanneau now? They continue sales of certain Jeanneau models that proved successful in the past. As for yourself to help you decide which boat is right for you, look at the cost of upgrades for each boat and then take them each for a sail, then decide which you prefer. The subjective reasons why I prefer a boat may not work for you, and all of these decisions ultimately have a personal bias that must be taken into consideration. Having said that, I agree with Warren, all of the Oceanis line have great interiors. Good luck on the hunt. Brian Pickton @ BeneteauOwners.net Aboard The Legend, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia

Status
Not open for further replies.