Beneteau Oceanis 28.1 Anybody out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biiggd

Jul 4, 2010
windrider 17 CLT
Anybody out there own an Oceanis 28.1 and where can I go to get more info on this model boat? The Beneteau website is useless in this regard. Also, anybody got an Oceanis 28.1 for sale at a reasonable price? Thx, RJ

AndyS

Sep 26, 2009
Beneteau 281 River Dunes, NC
Anybody out there own an Oceanis 28.1 and where can I go to get more info on this model boat? The Beneteau website is useless in this regard. Also, anybody got an Oceanis 28.1 for sale at a reasonable price? Thx, RJ
I purchased a 1996 281 last November and have been very pleased. I have put a lot into it (new bimini, new auto bilge pump, new electronics, new shaft seal system, new cushions, new navpod, and the list goes on) but now have an absolutely great boat. There always seem to be a few for sale on Yachtworld, but as far as info on the model is concerned, it is pretty scarce. It's been a very reliable and rugged boat that's a good size for my family and situation.

Jul 10, 2010
Oday 25 Urbanna, VA
I too am in the market for a 281. Looking at 2 this weekend and have been VERY impressed with the reviews and comments from fellow owners. Tremendous boat for the money, and the Google Group that Sven mentions is quite good (can't wait to join!). Interestingly, a '97 281 can be had for approx $35m, but a 311 or 323 in good condition is almost twice that (for several good and obvious reasons). So question becomes one of saving for a while longer to get the extra space.

Just don't wanna outgrow the boat. Me, wife, 2 teenage daughters who will likely never spend the night on her, and river/bay sailing. Any thoughts?

AndyS

Sep 26, 2009
Beneteau 281 River Dunes, NC
Your situation is a lot like mine, and I think the money you save going with the 281 can be used (partly) to upgrade and update the '97. Certainly with any boat this size, a few feet can equate to a noticeable difference when it comes to cabin space. The 281, though, has a good amount of space on the inside, and I have never felt cramped with a few people on board. In my mind, if I ever outgrow the 281, I'll take a bigger leap to something a lot bigger than a 311 or 323. Just my thoughts, but I liked having the funds to outfit her properly after I bought her last year, and I have never wished that I had a few extra feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.