Beneteau Cyclades 43 Fluxgate Compass

Nov 15, 2019
Beneteau Cyclades 43 Auckland
Hi Beneteau owners. Can anyone help me with the location of the fluxgate compass on my Cyclades 43. I don't think it has been moved from wherever the original was located. I am having problems with the Raymarine ST4000 autohelm on northerly headings and checking the fluxgate sounds like the obvious first step. Thanks and reghards NZ Pete

Jul 11, 2012
Beneteau 381 Lions Head,Ontario
Hi NZ Pete, I'm an Expat Kiwi living in Waterloo Ontario Canada and the owner of a Beneteau Oceanis 381 which we sail on the Great Lakes. The fluxgate on my 381 is located in the compartment between the after birth rear bulkhead and transom. Access is from a removeable panel on the rear bulkhead and there is enough room to crawl into the compartment. The fluxgate is mounted on a bracket set on the centre line of the boat. Yours may be in or near the same location. Just a thought have you tried to reset the fuxgate. Hope this helps. Regards Terry

Nov 15, 2019
Beneteau Cyclades 43 Auckland
Thanks Terry, I'll check that position out. Do you keep your Beneteau on Lake Ontario. I live on Waiheke Island so the Hauraki Gulf is our playground. Must be so different sailing over there. Regards Pete

Jul 11, 2012
Beneteau 381 Lions Head,Ontario
Great to hear back Pete, We sail Georgian Bay which is off Lake Huron and then we also sail the North Channel between Manitoulin Island and the Mainland. This area reminds us of the Bay of Islands. Our Daughter was in Maraetai for a couple of years but now lives in Hamilton. Our boat is now put to bed for the winter, out of the water, mast down and winterized. Looking forward now to the Toronto Boat Show in January. We live only 1hr away from Toronto. Hope you sort your fluxgate out.
Terry