Beneteau 393

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve

To All, I'm planning on buying a sailboat early next year. I'm looking at the new 393. Is there anyone here who owns one or has sailed one? My size range in Beneteaus is the 381 to the 411. The 393 seems to split the difference nicely. Any comments, pro or con, would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve

R

Rick

Steve: My wife and I had ther rare opportunity to sail the new B393 at Cape Yachts in Harwichport,MA. The winds were 18-20kts, with seas 3-4 feet. I thought she was easily overpowered, when the wind gust to 25kts. But, with the sails trimmed, it was a walk in the park. She's fast and responsive and handled most impressively. This particular boat incorporated the classic rig. We're opting for the furling main simply because I'm getting lazy as I near retirement. The B393 is a fast, clean, sharp looking boat, modeled after the 473. Best regards: Rick

S

Steve

Rick, Thanks for the info. I'd hoped to see one at the Annapolis Boat Show, but it now looks like I won't be able to make it there. Hopefully, my local Beneteau dealer will have one for me to look at and sail before too long. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.