beneteau 390 top windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arnon Ben-Isaac

I own a beneteau oceanis 390 manunfactured 1998. the top windows have cracked and leak heavily. I received an offer for replacement windows from the Beneteau dealer here that shocked me. I wonder if any of you could help me find the manufacturer of those windows or an alternative manufacturer ?? thank you all Arnon

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

archives

Arnon, recently there was a question about leaking hatches in this forum and it was suggested that Lewmar and West Marine might have parts for hatches. You might try them to see if they have the parts you need. I am pretty sure that Beneteau has used them for a number of years so that might help good luck Charlie

Jan 18, 2004
Beneteau 321 Houston
Top Windows

I assume that you are referring to the top hatches. (Although some Beneteaus had fixed lights in some models such as the 321.) More often than not, the leak is not the gasket or seal but coming in around where the hatch is bedded into the deck. You can remove the hatch then clean and rebed with 3M-5200 or similar. While you have the hatches removed you can replace the Plexi, a DIY project if you are handy. They are probably Lewmar Ocean hatches although I am unsure of what was used on French boats. Plexi is available through Lewmar or any Plastic shop. If it is a fixed window, just remove, clean off old adhesive from deck opening and install new Plexi. Cracking or crazing appears to be caused by exposure to the sun. Consider getting some Sunbrella hatch covers in hot climates like Israel. Good Luck! Jon McClain

A

Arnon Ben-Isaac

Thank you for your replies BUT

In the Beneteau Oceanis 390 on the deck there are big fixed windows there lies my problem. no problem with hatches

C

Charlie Gruetzner - BeneteauOwners.net

Jon' advice

about replacing the glass in fixed windows is really good. If you are handy it can be a good DIY project. Good luck Charlie

Jun 4, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 461 Raby Bay Queenland Australia
Use Perspex

Hi Arnon, If you have any good perspex dealers in your area, they should be able to reproduce them the correct shape and size. We have a lot of catamarran builders here who all use complex shaped windows made from perspex. The good news you can get in a dark tint. Best of luck. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.