Beneteau 373 on Lake Erie

Mar 15, 2019
Beneteau 37 Cleveland
Hello Friends.
This posting might be best answered by Larry at Cedar Point or other Lake Erie sailors.
I am considering a Beneteau 373 that is for sale in Ohio. It has a cast iron bulb keel.
How does the Beneteau 373 do on Lake Erie?
Thanks.

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Hello Friends.
This posting might be best answered by Larry at Cedar Point or other Lake Erie sailors.
I am considering a Beneteau 373 that is for sale in Ohio. It has a cast iron bulb keel.
Thanks.
373 is a great boat. I am certain you will do fine on Lake Erie!

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Hello Friends.
Thanks.
Lots of owner reviews on the Beneteau Forum.

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
My Beneteau experience is limited to chartering several in the 35-37 foot range. But I think the 373 would be a great boat on Lake Erie. The 4 1/2 foot shoal draft keel would be better, but the deep, 6 1/2 foot keel would only limit access to a few places at normal water levels. East Harbor State Park anchorage would be the only one I can think of now. With the deep keel, I would inquire about channel depth in some smaller harbors (for instance Mentor Lagoons). But most of the harbors in Lake Erie were developed for shipping, and have plenty of depth, even in associated marinas.

Jul 5, 2005
Beneteau 361 Sandusky Harbor Marina
My old dock neighbors had a B373, then they relocated to Texas and took the boat with them. I don't think they had any difficulty on Erie for the couple years they were there.