Beneteau 373 - How to remove a fixed port light

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Before you attempt to remove it, I would ensure that replacements continue to be available through Beneteau spare parts. If you break it, you will have fabricate a replacement, if Beneteau does supply them any more.. The lens is cast acrylic with a beveled edge and painted perimeter (no frame). I would try a multi/oscillating tool with a scraper blade / non cutting blade from inside cabin or exterior surface.....where ever you can achieve the best access. Can also supplement with LOW heat to soften the adhesive/sealant. If you can lift one corner, you can insert a windshield removal wire cutter to cut through the remaining sealant.
A quick temporary fix is to use Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure around the perimeter of the lens, where there appears to be an opening between the lens & topsides. I used it on a leaking fixed deck lens and it worked OK for a few months; should work better on your application. Please keep us updated; I have four that are still sealed.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Before you attempt to remove it, I would ensure that replacements continue to be available through Beneteau spare parts. If you break it, you will have fabricate a replacement, if Beneteau does supply them any more..
Looks like you can still get it from Beneteau Spare Parts (for the non-negligible cost of $342). But also consider that unless they have stock in the US it’ll take quite a few weeks to ship from France, so factor that into any replacement plans.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Looks like you can still get it from Beneteau Spare Parts (for the non-negligible cost of $342). But also consider that unless they have stock in the US it’ll take quite a few weeks to ship from France, so factor that into any replacement plans.
That being the case, I would fabricate a new one myself or have a local fabricator make one for you, if you can't remove it without damaging. You can purchase cast acrylic from TAP plastics (online) for very reasonable prices. Don't know if they will bevel; however you can bevel it yourself if you have basic router skills. That may be the better option because, it appears that the lens is beginning to craze. Funny how these projects start to escalate!