Beneteau 373 2005 - replace the engine compartment access door strut

Aug 19, 2009
Beneteau 373 Chicago
Beneteau 373 2005 - i need to replace the engine compartment access door gas strut. Does someone have part numbers? Thank you in advance!

DougM

Jul 24, 2005
Beneteau 323 Manistee, MI
Looks like 112485 on the Beneteau spare parts site. The description is “GAS SPRING 120 PSI 585MM”.
Knowing the size, and that you are evidently in fresh water, Go to your local auto parts store. It would be a heck of a lot less expensive. They would probably have what you need in stock. You would not necessarily need a stainless steel version, but they could probably get one for you.
I used one on the lazerette of my 323, and it lasted a decade or more before it needed to be replaced.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
Knowing the size, and that you are evidently in fresh water, Go to your local auto parts store. It would be a heck of a lot less expensive. They would probably have what you need in stock. You would not necessarily need a stainless steel version, but they could probably get one for you.
I used one on the lazerette of my 323, and it lasted a decade or more before it needed to be replaced.
love the idea of putting these on the lazerette hatches!

May 7, 2022
Beneteau 343 Port Washington
I replaced similar struts on a C&C a few years ago by looking at the part number on the side of the strut and doing a Google search. Found them on Amazon. Also the seller has every size and pressure you could ever think of.

Aug 19, 2009
Beneteau 373 Chicago
Looks like 112485 on the Beneteau spare parts site. The description is “GAS SPRING 120 PSI 585MM”.
Thank you David.. good to know as I was unable to read PN from my bad strut. Hey, is there a link to Beneteau spare parts site you can provide me? I am a new Beneteau owner and I am having a hard time getting to that site..
Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Hey, is there a link to Beneteau spare parts site you can provide me?
The site is BENETEAU USA. To get a username and password you need to contact a Beneteau dealer (any dealer, not necessarily one you’ve worked with before). The dealer sets up the credentials, and any orders you place through the site are fulfilled by that dealer.

Aug 19, 2009
Beneteau 373 Chicago
The site is BENETEAU USA. To get a username and password you need to contact a Beneteau dealer (any dealer, not necessarily one you’ve worked with before). The dealer sets up the credentials, and any orders you place through the site are fulfilled by that dealer.
Thank you.. i just contacted the local dealer in Kenisha Wisconsin.

Nov 25, 2018
Oday 28 Wiscasset, ME
I got one from Annapolis Yacht Sales for $56 but the shipping was $26 so all in it was 85 bucks. Official Beneteau part, #112485 GAS SPRING 120 PSI 585MM
Annapolis Yacht Sales
7350 Edgewood Road Annapolis, MD 21403
410-267-8181